Short overview on the program
is a cross-platform application (for Macintosh and Windows*) consisting
of several cognitive training tasks in different variants. The training
paradigms that are available in BrainTwister are based on various
research projects carried out by the Department for Experimental
Psychology and Neuropsychology at the University of Bern, Switzerland.
The training tasks can be used for participants over the whole lifespan
in either a single or in a group setting. There are no requirements of
computer-related skills in order to train with these tasks.
BrainTwister generates detailed training data for each training task
and allows to visualize and print the obtained training results.
BrainTwister is currently available in four different languages
(German, English, Swedish, and Dutch), however, the manual is only
available in German and English.
- BrainTwister is a software consisting of a battery of tasks in which the n-back task (Jaeggi et al. PNAS 2008) is but one of several others.
- The CD was developed and dispensed free of charge for participants in our training experiments for post-experimental use.
- Other interested parties can obtain the CD against a financial compensation which covers our costs.
- Research groups get the tasks for free.
should acknowledge the program authors on any of scientific results
based in part on use of the program and/or cite the article(s) in which
the tasks used were described (see References).
- Any use, copying or distribution of the CD is prohibited unless agreed to in writing by the University of Bern.
Everything you need to know about system requirements and how to order your BrainTwister license.
On this site you will find references, literature on efficacy studies and awards
Universität Bern |
Department of Psychology | Division of Experimental Psychology and Neuropsychology |
Fabrikstrasse 8 |
CH-3012 Bern |
Tel +41 (0)31 631 40 04
| Fax +41 (0)31 631 82 12